top of page
Banner background

Latest News

Rugby – vs Wallace


1st XV report from George Robb

Sullivan Upper were away to Wallace High for their second away fixture of the season. The match started with Sullivan holding up against Wallace pressure in defence, with Wallace eventually scoring the first try of the game. In reply, Sullivan broke into the Wallace 22, with Andy Weir scoring just before half time, converted by Conor McKee. After multiple phases of attack from Wallace, they couldn’t get through the Sullivan defence and at half time the scores were 7-7 in what was a very tight game. In the second half, Wallace continued to gain territory through clever kicking and line breaks, leading to a further two tries after multiple phases of attack with the Sullivan defence finally being breached. Late on in the game Wallace also took a penalty in front of the posts to stretch their lead. The match finished 22-7 to Wallace.

2nd XV report from Rory Houston

Saturday 14th October – Wallace entertained Sullivan Upper . Sullivan showed determination in the first play by winning the ball back from their kick off and after a few phases fullback Thomas Leitch used his speed to beat a defender and score in the corner, conversion was missed 5-0 . After lots of pressure from Wallace’s defence Sullivan’s Out half made a half break to offload to Thomas Leitch to score in the corner for his second, conversion missed 10-0 Sullivan. Wallace began to come back into the game with penalties but could not seem to find touch with the punt, Sullivan’s counter attack proved to be well drilled with the back 3 linking up well for Thomas Leitch to score his hat trick under the post, conversion scored 17-0 Sullivan. Ill-discipline and sloppy defence cause Sullivan to concede a penalty off the kick off and to concede a try from Wallace’s number 6. Half time score 17-7. The second half began quickly again by Sullivan eager to fight back after conceding late in the first half with a well organised set piece off the line out to see outside centre Rory Houston make a line break and beat the Wallace fullback to score Sullivan’s 4th try. Conversion missed 22-7. Sullivan once again off the kick off made ground off a few offloads to see Ollie Faith make a clean break to beat the fullback and score in the corner. Sullivan showed their desire to keep playing by winning a penalty which they kicked to the corner and after a few phases winger Patrick McCleave scored after beating 2 defenders, conversion missed 32-7 . Late in the game Sullivan were still piling on the pressure on Wallace’s line and the game ended with Sullivan using their slick hands to get the ball to winger replacement Aaron Tierney who scored in the corner and converted his own try. Full time score 39-7.

Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page